We’re here to break our silence after a long period with our heads down. I know, we never call, we never write. It doesn’t mean we don’t care. Over the last few months, we’ve been hard at work on a series of releases. The most obvious change is a completely rebuilt email digest, which launched today. Digests are more handsome, useful, and clear, and they now feature far more content for each of your followed anchors.
Is your digest too small? Follow a few more anchors and you’ll soon be topped up with great content, curated by your peers.
Here are some of other highlights you’ll notice in the app since our last update:
- General email templating system and improved layout for all system emails
- Launched ‘Ambassador’ program, with bling throughout the app (https://plow.io/@ardiadrianadri)
- Tap an unused key for a helper modal with available shortcuts
- Brand new, streamlined setup/personalize account experience
- Keyboard shortcuts for sharing (and some repairs)
- New url routing structure to ensure proper click to post flow from 3rd party email alerts (‘post/slug’)
- Improvements to comment submission performance
- New post blocking flow for posts violating community standards
- Better date stamp conventions throughout the app
- Default images for posts lacking images
- Eliminate case sensitivity on urls
- Repairs for endorsement tweets
- New default anchor and user header images/selector
- End of feed anchor recommendations
Thanks again for your support. Please let us know what you think of these changes, and let us know what else you would love to see.
See you in PLOW!
- Geographic mapping of anchors to your location
- Linkless posts (post directly to PLOW, without adding a link)
If you liked this post, we’d greatly appreciate if you’d click the heart below and leave us some feedback here or on Twitter. We have lots of more to say on how content filtering and social needs to change but very much want to hear from the community.
PLOW is an independent social platform and collection of communities where people find and share the best content without the noise of big social media, and get the information that matters with less effort.
Background on what we’re building: